- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Crop Science Courses
- Soil Science Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Study Crops?
- Why Study Soils?
- Current Students
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, & Other Funding
- Course Sites
- Research & Extension
- About Us
Department of Crop and Soil Science
351A Crop Science Building Corvallis, OR 97331
Alyssa is primarily involved with crop science online courses, including:
CROP 200 - Crop Ecology and Morphology - Offered Ecampus every Winter and Spring
- CROP 460/560 - Seed Production - Offered Ecampus every Fall
Alyssa grew up on her family's century farm in Silverton, Oregon, where they produce grass seed, seed oats, and hay. In 2004, the family switched from raising commercial beef cattle to registered Miniature Hereford cattle for breeding and show stock. You can usually find Alyssa and her family exhibiting their cattle at livestock shows in Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Colorado.
- 2015 - Oregon State University - M.S. in Crop Science
- 2012 - Oregon State University - B.S. in Crop Science with options in Crop Management and Soil Resource Management
- DuVal, A.S., T.G. Chastain, and C.J. Garbacik. 2016. Effects of applied nitrogen on yellow mustard seed production in the Willamette Valley. In N. Anderson, A. Hulting, D. Walenta, M. Flowers, and C. Sullivan (ed.) Seed Production Research. Crop Sci. Ext. Rep. 152:39-43
- DuVal, A.S., T.G. Chastain, and C.J. Garbacik. 2014. Effects of nitrogen fertilizer on seed yield and yield components in yellow mustard. In N. Anderson, A. Hulting, D. Walenta, and M. Flowers (ed.) Seed Production Research. Crop Sci. Ext. Rep. 150:39-42.
Alyssa and her family have been recognized with three World Championships for their Miniature Hereford breeding stock -- the 2011 World Grand Champion Cow/Calf pair, the 2012 World Grand Champion Bull, and the 2014 World Grand Champion Female.