- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Why Study Crops?
- Why Study Soils?
- Current Students
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, & Other Funding
- Course Sites
- Research & Extension
- About Us
What's the Hoo Haa?!
It's spring! Come out and touch fertile ground. Reconnect with the good Earth that brings you the food you crave! Students, get out of the library and breathe some fresh air. All community members and children welcome. Plant seeds, turn ground, see a chicken tractor, enjoy good food donated from local businesses.
Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Time: 3:30pm till dark
Location: Organic Growers Student Farm
- Shuttle runs from the new Bookstore every 15 minutes, starting at 3:30pm,
- Or ride your bike! (Limited car parking available)
- FREE food - Baked potatoes with all the fixins and ice cream. (bring a bowl and fork!)
- FREE music from:
- Ronjon and friends – Argentine blues
- Farmstand String Band – oldtyme-funky stringband
- Emily Love – country
- Special Guests!!!
- FREE tours of the farm!
- Women's disc golf club is bringing practice nets to play games!
- Study the soil pits!
- Come meet the baby chicks!
This year's generous donors:
- Lochmead Dairy!!!
- Trader Joes
- Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
- OSU Campus Recycling
- Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI)
Kids Welcome! (Please leave dogs at home.)
*The Hoo Haa is an alcohol free event*
Bring a turning fork if you have one!! (the human "till machine" will be in the house!!!)
Bring a bowl and spoon if you have one!! (the human "eating machine" will be in the house!!!)