- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Crop Science Courses
- Soil Science Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Study Crops?
- Why Study Soils?
- Current Students
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, & Other Funding
- Course Sites
- Research & Extension
- About Us
Senior Faculty Research Assistant
Department of Crop and Soil Science
3036 Ag & Life Sciences Building Corvallis, OR 97331
- Managing editor of the website Forest Phytophthoras of the World (www.forestphytophthoras.org)
- Managing editor of the related on-line journal Forest Phytophthoras http://journals.oregondigital.org/ForestPhytophthora/issue/view/261
- Development of next generation sequencing techniques for detecting oomycetes in water, soil, and leaf samples
- Soil microbial community changes associated with soil solarization
- Molecular identification of Tuber melanosporum from sporocarps and roots
- B.A. University of Wisconsin Madison (1978). Double major in Botany/ Biological Aspects of Conservation
- 2014 – Present. Senior Faculty Research Assistant - Department of Crop and Soil Science, Oregon State University
- 1996 – 2014. Senior Faculty Research Assistant - Department of Forest Science and Dept. of Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University
- 1981 – 1996. Faculty Research Assistant - Department of Forest Science, Oregon State University
Luoma, D.L., Eberhart, J.L. 2014. Relationships between Swiss needle cast and ectomycorrhizal fungus diversity. Mycologia. 106: 666-675. doi: 10.3852/12-180.
Luoma, D.L. and Eberhart, J.L. 2013. Green-tree retention, ectomycorrhiza diversity, and ectomycorrhizal spore inoculum. In: Anderson, Paul D.; Ronnenberg, Kathryn L., editors. Density management for the 21st century: west side story. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-880. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station: 101–107.
Luoma, D.L., Durall, D.M, Eberhart, J.L., and Sidlar, K. 2011. Rediscovery of the vesicles that characterized Rhizopogon vesiculosus. Mycologia, 103: 1074-1079.
Barroetaveña, C., M. B. Pildain, M. E. Salgado Salomón, J. L. Eberhart. 2010. Molecular identification of ectomycorrhizas associated with ponderosa pine seedlings in Patagonian nurseries (Argentina). Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 2010, 40:1940-1950, 10.1139/X10-135
Luoma, D.L. and Eberhart, J.L. 2010. Third-year response of ectomycorrhizae to soil nutritional amendments across a gradient of SNC disease. Pp 82-92 in: Mulvey, R. and Shaw, D. (ed.). Swiss Needle Cast Cooperative Annual Report 2010, College of Forestry, Oregon State University, Corvallis. 106p.
Luoma, D.L. and Eberhart, J.L. 2009. Second-year response of ectomycorrhizae to soil nutritional amendments across a gradient of SNC disease. Pp 85-98 in: Shaw, D. and Woolley, T. (eds.). Swiss Needle Cast Cooperative Annual Report 2009, College of Forestry, Oregon State University, Corvallis. 99p.
Warren J.M., Brooks J.R., Meinzer F.C., Eberhart J.L. 2008. Hydraulic redistribution of water from Pinus ponderosa trees to seedlings: evidence for an ectomycorrhizal pathway. New Phytologist 178: 382–394.
Luoma, D.L., Eberhart, J.L., Abbott, R., Moore, A., Amaranthus, M.P., and Pilz, D. 2006a. Effects of mushroom harvest technique on subsequent American matsutake production. Forest Ecology and Management, 236: 65–75.
Luoma, D.L., Stockdale, C.A., Molina, R., and Eberhart, J.L. 2006b. The spatial influence of Douglas-fir retention trees on ectomycorrhiza diversity. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 36: 2561–2573.
Luoma, D.L., Eberhart, J.L., Molina, R., and Amaranthus, M.P. 2004. Response of ectomycorrhizal fungus sporocarp production to varying levels and patterns of green-tree retention. Forest Ecology and Management, 202:337–354.
Awards and Honors
- Vice-president of the North American Truffling Society, 2009 – present
- Benton County Master Gardener, 1988 – present
- Phytophthora diseases of plant nurseries and forests
- Ectomycorrhizae in forest ecosystems
- Edible mushrooms and truffles
My husband and I enjoy gardening, mushroom hunting, and wildflower hikes together. I play the viola and love playing with friends in a weekly string quintet, with the Willamette Valley Symphony, and occasionally with the OSU Symphony Orchestra.