- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Crop Science Courses
- Soil Science Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Study Crops?
- Why Study Soils?
- Current Students
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, & Other Funding
- Course Sites
- Research & Extension
- About Us
Valtcho Jeliazkov (Zheljazkov), Ph.D.
2001: Ph.D. Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Massachusetts
1988: Ph.D. in Agronomy, Higher Institute of Agriculture, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Long-term effects of agricultural practices on cereal production systems
- Oilseeds, essential oil and medicinal plants, and native plants containing plant chemicals
- Utilization of plant chemicals as alternatives to synthetic plant hormones, growth regulators, and pesticides
- Bioprospecting of promising chemicals for new drug development
I accept graduate students for Crop and Soil Science