- Varies by submission size and analyses selected.
- Manure/Compost package analyses of garden and grower-scale submission size are generally completed in 6-8 weeks.
- If you plan to submit a large submission, please contact the lab for more up-to-date turnaround estimates. We can do our best to work with your priority of analyses and send out data on a rolling basis.
Mail samples AND Manure/Compost Submission Form to:
OSU Soil Health Lab
3017 Ag Life Sciences Bldg
Corvallis, OR 97331
- Samples AND Manure/Compost Submission Form can be placed in the Submission Drop Box outside of our laboratory door, Agricultural Life Sciences Bldg Room 3079.
- Plastic bags, sharpies, and extra submission forms are available if needed.
- Drop-off hours are Monday-Friday 9AM - 3PM.
- Contact the lab AFTER drop-off to alert personnel to check the Submission Drop Box.
- Ring the doorbell if you need assistance.
- View the All Fees Per Analysis for a full view of all analyses offered or scroll down to see manure/compost-specific analyses.
- Pricing is per sample AND varies by submission size.
- A discount is given for submissions of 16+ samples.
- Turnaround time for RUSH analysis varies by sample submission size. Contact the lab if you'd like to do a RUSH analysis.
- Contact the Lab Manager if you'd like to receive a formal quote.
You MUST contact the lab BEFORE shipping out-of-state samples. We need to confirm whether the samples are coming from an area that may pose a biological threat to the soils and plants of our region.
Compost/Manure Analysis Packages
*Sample Preparation (grinding, sieving, drying) is an additional $5/sample for all sample submissions.
Price per sample for 1-15 samples
|Price per sample for 16+ samples|
|Manure/Compost Analysis||Total C, N, nitrate-N, ammonium-N, P, K, Ca, S, Mg, Total ash, Moisture||$211.00||$74.50||$61.50|
|Heavy-Metal Analysis||Total As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb, Zn||$119.50||$36.00||$28.50|
Individual Manure/Compost Analyses
*Please see the Individual Soil Analyses list, as many of the soil analyses can be conducted with compost/manure upon request.