New pricing effective as of April 1, 2022. Contact the lab (Soil.Lab@oregonstate.edu) if you have questions about fees.
- How to Collect and Submit a WATER or SOLUTION Sample
- Solution Sample Submission Form (PDF for print)
- Volume Requirements- *Contact the Lab
- Fees Per Analysis (PDF)
- Varies by submission size and analyses selected.
- If you plan to submit a large submission, please contact the lab for more up-to-date turnaround estimates. We can do our best to work with your priority of analyses and send out data on a rolling basis.
Mail samples AND Solution Submission Form to:
OSU Soil Health Lab
3017 Ag Life Sciences Bldg
Corvallis, OR 97331
- Samples AND Solution Submission Form can be placed in the Submission Drop Box outside of our laboratory door, Agricultural Life Sciences Bldg Room 3079.
- Plastic bags, sharpies, and extra submission forms are available if needed.
- Drop-off hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM.
- Contact the lab AFTER drop-off to alert personnel to check the Submission Drop Box.
- Ring the doorbell if you need assistance.
- View the All Fees Per Analysis for a full view of all analyses offered or scroll down to see solution-specific analyses.
- Pricing is per sample AND varies by submission size.
- A discount is given for submissions of 16+ samples.
- Turnaround time for RUSH analysis varies by sample submission size. Contact the lab if you'd like to do a RUSH analysis.
- Contact the Lab Manager if you'd like to receive a formal quote.
You MUST contact the lab BEFORE shipping out-of-state samples. We need to confirm whether the samples are coming from an area that may pose a biological threat to the soils and plants of our region.
Analyses for Solutions
|Analysis||Description||RUSH Pricing per sample||Price per sample for 1-15 samples||Price per sample for 16+ samples|
|pH||acidity or alkalinity of soil||$10.00||$7.00||$7.00|
|Electrical conductivity (EC)||conductivity of soil salts in solution||$10.00||$7.00||$7.00|
|Plant available Phosphorus (PO4-P)||Colorimetric analysis||$35.50||$13.00||$11.50|
|Plant available Ammonium (NH4-N)||Colorimetric analysis||$30.50||$8.00||$6.00|
|Plant available Nitrate (NO3-N)||Colorimetric analysis||$29.50||$7.00||$5.00|
|NH4-N + NO3-N||$59.50||$15.00||$10.50|
|Elemental analysis by ICP-OES||Determination of elemental concentrations||$100.00||$22.50||$15.50|
|Total Carbon and Nitrogen||Dissolved carbon and nitrogen by Shimadzu||$26.00||$18.50|