- Applications of predictive mapping techniques in the survey of soil, geomorphological, and ecological units across forests, farms and rangelands in Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, and elsewhere;
- Theory and practice of visual and installation art as research tool in Earth sciences;
- Bringing sustainability science to cemeteries through research;
- Systems of ancient agriculture; and
- Impacts of earthquakes on natural and cultural systems.
USA's Hemp Research Leader
Jay and his research groups over the past forty years have studied
Building a global vision for a hemp-based living carbon economy, including pharma-chemical hemp, grain hemp and (especially) fiber hemp.
I am no longer taking on new graduate students